We had a rough start today in Cosenza. What we thought was going to be a simple 5 minute ride to the train station turned into 20 minute confusing conversation with multiple cab drivers trying to convince us to take a 3 hour cab ride and us missing our train. I (Kevin) thought the driver was being helpful and simply trying to get us to the right train, not trying to sell us on a cab ride. Funny how we were having two completely different conversations with each other (he probably thought he was getting close to a sale, while I thought we were getting close to the correct train).
It's easy to look back and see how a cab driver was trying to swindle you, but in the moment while he's speaking Italian and waving his hands around, not so easy, although Brooke picked up on it sooner (Brooke told me to write that, there's still some ongoing disagreement on that point). So now we're trying to kill 2 hours in the no frills cafe at the barren Cosenza train station. This gives us plenty of time to discuss whose fault it was that we missed the train. I think this is as neutral as I can tell the story, but Brooke may write a counter post.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment