Thursday, June 25, 2009

Behind the Blog

For our many, many loyal followers, I (Kevin) thought I would post on how we're doing the blog. This behind the blog will hopefully not include a vh1-style collapse of the BK duo at the 45 minute mark (or in our case, the 45 day mark).

First, all the posts our typed on a cell phone keyboard. After discussing what to write with Brooke, I usually type them up before going to bed at night or on a train/bus the next day. Although the cell phone keyboard is not ideal, it usually keeps me from writing longer posts (believe it or not). I think this is a good thing. As you may have noticed, proofreading rarely occurs, but I do have a spell check.

Once written, I save the email and the hunt for wifi (or "wee-fee" in France) begins. Usually we find a bar or restaurant that offers free wifi, or our hotel has it. Occasionally a few days pass without any free wifi and we have to break down and pay at an internet cafe. When we find wifi, I send the email to a particular email address that automatically posts the message to the blog.

Finally, a note on pictures. Since the only way we've been posting is through phone emails, that is also where the pictures come from. Since the cell phones are not very user friendly for pictures, we don't ask others to take pictures of us with them. That's why all our pictures are of only one person, with the exception of when Brooke's parents were here.

But don't fret, we have taken over a thousand pictures on our real camera. We'll definitely try to force everyone we know to sit through a multi-hour, multi-day, projector-style slide show including every picture of every church we went in. Expect the invitations in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment