Today was like a day off from our vacation. Except for (yet another) ridiculous morning climb to a hill top church and some roman-built theaters, we didn't do any tourist-y stuff today. We walked around town shopping and stopping for drinks and food, and that was about it.
We went to some supposedly American restaurant for a late dinner and I ordered two tacos (I know, I'm in France, and in a part of France known for their food). What was funny was their salsa, which was just ketchup.
Some final points on Lyon: 1) everywhere we looked, people were making out, lots of PDA; 2) all the menus had tripe, tripe sausage, and carpaccio (raw beef), and we didn't try any of it; and 3) lots of skate boarding and break dancing on street corners.
Well that's it. This is our day off, after all, and tomorrow is going to be busy because we're traveling to Avignon and we only have one day there (then we meet Brooke's parents for the beaches in Nice!).
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment